Today, I’m talking about a full walkthrough. How to Set up and Customise Forms using convertkit. Forms are one of the ways that you can build your email list.
Here’s a Glance at This Episode
- [00:05] Introduction about Episode
- [01:00] Create Forms using Convertkit
- [02:25] Choose Form Template
- [05:05] Form Reports
- [05:55] Form Setting
- [12:15] Form Preview
- [12:35] How to embed Form
How to create forms using CONVERTKIT?
You can create a form and embed it anywhere on your website, sales page, or web page that you host yourself.
So this is for people who already have a website, a web page, a sales page or anything like that you use a form.
Then I will show you, How to create a landing page and attach a form with landing pages, only for those who don’t have their website.
- Click on Landing Pages and Forms
- Then click on Forms
There are 4 types of forms:
- Inline Form: So you can see if you have a blog post. Inline Form in the middle of your blog post. Above text Then Inline Form Then Again Text
- Model Form: Modal is essential means that it’s going to be some sort of pop-up and it’s going to blur everything else in the background.
- Slide-In: In the Slide-in, all your content is in the middle and then it slides in on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Sticky Bar: Sticky bar goes right at the top so this is when you let’s say if you have a brand new podcast episode you want to put it up.
Either way, it doesn’t really matter, Which one you choose, so let’s do the first one which is inline Form.
So once you click on that then you have various templates. Right convertkit is brilliant at giving you great templates if you scroll through you can look at all the various templates.
That you can use right but for the inline. You can choose which you like, But I choose Clare.
In the Next Step, You can add more fields, First Name, etc. You can change the color of the Button, which is related to your brand color.
When you have done all of your changes, then click on Save Button.
Now you preview your form. You also can check the reports that how many people visit on this form and who can subscribe through this form?
By clicking on Reports Button.
So settings, Now you have to do some settings
- First click on Setting
- If the visitor subscribes or clicks on download. Then which message or where you want to redirect your visitor. For Example, If you have a Thank You page or sales page, You can Redirect to there.
- Domain Name: The next thing you want to do is select your custom domain if you don’t have your custom domain.
Don’t worry convertkit provides your domain just click on it and move forward.
- Alternatively, if you wish to add your own domain, go to Account Settings, click on Domains, and enter your domain before hitting the Save button.
There is two option here
- Auto-confirm new subscribers
AutoConfirm new subscribers which means that convertkit is going to auto-confirm.
I mentioned earlier the danger of this is that When people use a fake email address or a wrong email address that by accident is added.
You’ve also confirmed them and that means that they won’t get the lead and this is a paid option.
So make sure you uncheck this and leave it and use Send incentive email.
- Send incentive email
Send an incentive email and then you want to click on edit email content and the first thing you want to do is change your From email address to an official email address. Where you want to receive subscriber notification.
The second thing you want to change the subject to is something such as related to your landing page which you created.
After that, you need to change your message text in the email. This means what you want to send to your subscriber after clicking on the Download Now button.
You read your message and you have something in there that is in more alignment with your brand once you have done that you click on the Save button.
- Add URL or even Files
So now the next thing you want to do is you actually want to add the download file.
So you can add a URL if you have your lead magnet saved somewhere else it could be dropbox, google drive, amazon s3, etc.
It doesn’t matter or a simpler way is actually just to click on the Download button and choose the file that you are going to be giving them.
Now you want to check in advance again. It’s asking you if somebody comes back and sees this landing page?
You want to continue to it’s
- Show the form
- Hide the form
- Show a custom content
it’s completely up to you which option you want to select.
After clicking on the Publish button, the pop-up opens and Now you have several different options.
So you can click here to download the convertkit WordPress plugin.
How to embed Convertkit form in WordPress Website
If you want to embed your Convertkit Form in WordPress Website, then check it out in the video below.
Note: Convertkit Plugin is Already installed on your WordPress website.