In this article, I want to tell you how to create a landing page using Convertkit and build an email list for free.
Here’s a Glance At This Episode
- [00:05] Introduction about this Episode
- [00:45] How to Create a Landing Page
- [07:40] Landing Page Setting
- [09:35] Domain Name Setting
- [09:50] Incentive Email
- [14:00] SEO & Analytics
A lot of people get truly stuck and hung up when it comes to building their email list.
Well in this article I want to take that burden away by telling you how to create landing pages, using one of my favorite tools, Convertkit.
If you like this post, please help me by sharing it with your friends so they may benefit from it as well.
HOW TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON CONVERTKIT FOR FREE?
So let’s start, I’ll be teaching you exactly how to create landing pages using Convertkit.
- Go To ConvertKit.com
- Click on Signup For Free
- Then click on No. I’m Starting with Email
- Then Click on Yes or No
- IF Yes Then select the Platform which you using
- IF No Then Select Your Creator Interest
- Then add your Email and Password and click on Get Started.
Now Everything is done, You successfully sign up on Convertkit.
How to Create a Landing Page for FREE Using CONVERTKIT?
In this tutorial, I will tell you how to create and design them and all of that good stuff and you can do this in a matter of minutes. Let’s head inside so we can get to the landing pages.
- You need to go and click over landing pages and forms
- And Then Click on Create New or Create a Landing Page
Now you can see what’s going to happen and this is the beauty of convertkit.
It gives you lots of beautiful templates that you can use to create your landing page so it’s already pre-created.
- Now we have to do is choose a template
- Change Title, Description, Color, and Font
If you choose your template, Now you need to change the Title Text, Description, Font even everything which is not looking good.
- Change Image convertkit Template
Now if you want to change the image then click on Crop and Edit.
Then Upload an Image From your device even you can choose a different image from Unsplash or your Instagram account. There is a lot of option to edit your image like crop, rotate, etc
- You Can add more fields
You can add more fields like if you want to collect Name, Email. There is an option to add more fields and then edit the text message even if you can change the field text color and size and Font family.
HOW TO CHANGE THE LANDING PAGE NAME IN CONVERTKIT?
If you want to change the landing page name click on Pencil and add your custom text like in the given image.
You have changed your Landing Page Name.
Now you have successfully created your first landing page using convertkit for free.
Now hit the save and publish button on the right.
LANDING PAGE SETTING IN CONVERTKIT
So now your landing page has been saved, let’s look around and so now there are other things which you need to do.
When somebody grabs your landing page, You need to work on the settings. The first thing you want to do is when a visitor subscribes to the page, What do you want to show them.
IF you want to show a success message settings. First, you need to do is
1. GENERAL SETTING
- Click on the Setting button on the right upper corner
- If the visitor subscribes or clicks on download which message or where you want to redirect your visitor.
- If you want to show a custom message then click on
Show a Success Message, and add your message in the text box.
- Or if you want to redirect them to an external page then click on Redirect to an external page and add your external Page link or another landing page that you created using convertkit or even you can redirect to your website.
2. DOMAIN NAME SETTING
- The next thing you want to do is select your custom domain. If you don’t have your custom domain don’t worry convertkit provides you domain just click on it and move forward.
- Alternatively, if you wish to add your own domain, go to Account Settings, click on Domains, and enter your domain before hitting the Save button.
3. INCENTIVE EMAIL
There is two option here
- Auto-confirm new subscribers
AutoConfirm new subscribers which means that convertkit is going to auto-confirm.
I mentioned earlier the danger of this is that When people use a fake email address or a wrong email address that by accident is added.
You’ve also confirmed them and that means that they won’t get the lead and this is a paid option.
So make sure you uncheck this and leave it and use Send incentive email.
- Send incentive email
Send an incentive email and then you want to click on edit email content and the first thing you want to do is change your From email address to an official email address. Where you want to receive subscriber notification.
The second thing you want to change the subject to is something such as related to your landing page which you created.
After that, you need to change your message text in the email. This means what you want to send to your subscriber after clicking on the Download Now button.
You read your message and you have something in there that is in more alignment with your brand once you have done that you click on the Save button.
- Add URL or even Files
So now the next thing you want to do is you want to add the download file.
So you can add a URL if you have your lead magnet saved somewhere else it could be dropbox, google drive, amazon s3, etc.
It doesn’t matter or a simpler way is just to click on the Download button and choose the file that you are going to be giving them.
Now you want to check in advance again. It’s asking you if somebody comes back and sees this landing page?
You want to continue to
- Show the form
- Hide the form
- Show a custom content
it’s completely up to you which option you want to select.
4. SEO & ANALYTICS
In this section, You can add your SEO title and SEO description and image, So this is very very important.
So add your title and description because SEO will pick up keywords such which are in your SEO description text box.
Then you can add your Google analytics, Pinterest, Facebook business, etc.
Then click on the Save button.
Once you have finished then you can hit on Publish.
To check stats for your landing page, click on Reports, and if you want to download your subscriber, click on Download subscriber List.
Now you successfully created your landing page using Convertkit.
Now you Can share this on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or even embed this page to your WordPress Website.
If you don’t know How to embed convertkit with your WordPress website then comment below so I will make a tutorial for that.